The Urology Group
Our urology specialists are focused on your unique and personal health needs.
Walter Rayford, PhD, MD, MBA
- B.S. Biology, Jackson State University
- Ph.D. Biochemistry, University of Kansas
- M.D. Doctor of Medicine, University of Kansas School of Medicine
- M.B.A. Business, University of Tennessee
- Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Association of Clinical Urologists
- American Board of Urology
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Cell Biology
- American Urological Association
- National Medical Association
- Society of University Urologists
- Southeastern Section of the American Urological Association
- Southwest Oncology Group
Dr. Rayford attended the University of Kansas where he received his doctorate (Ph.D.) in Biochemistry in 1987, and his Medical Degree in 1991. He completed general surgery training at St. Luke’s Hospital in Kansas City, MO, and urology training at the University of Kansas. Dr. Rayford completed a urologic oncology fellowship at the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, MD. He was certified by the American Board of Urology in February, 2002.
Dr. Rayford has published extensively in the areas of prostate cancer, benign prostate hypertrophy and health disparities. He is an Associate Professor in the Department of Preventive Medicine at the University of Tennessee. He currently holds membership with the American Urology Association, American Association of Clinical Urologists, National Medical Association and R. Frank Jones Urological Society. He provides exceptional urological care to patients in East Memphis, Southaven and Holly Springs, Mississippi.